This small group two day tour gives you the time to take in the impressive Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls, and the Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach. You’ll hike on the Falljökull glacier, getting unbeatable views of the ice fall. You’ll be mesmerised by the giant icebergs floating around the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, as well as the large crystals of ice washed up on the nearby Diamond Beach. You get to explore the moss covered Eldhraun lava fields and incredible Fjaðrárgljúfur gorge. Outside of the months with midnight sun (June to early August) there’s a chance you’ll even be able to see the Northern Lights dancing across the sky. This tour includes accommodation and a delicious buffet breakfast at the modern Lilja Guesthouse (or equivalent), which has spacious rooms and private bathrooms.
From October to March this tour changes to the winter version, which includes an ice cave tour. Check out our Glacier Lagoon & Ice Cave 2 Day Tour if travelling in winter!
Best price guarantee
No hidden costs
Minimum age: 10 years
Free cancellation until 2 days before the departure
+499 days - No charge
499 days-7 days
- 10% of total reservation value
7 days-2 days
- 50% of total reservation value
- 100% of total reservation value
What is included
Glacier Hike & Equipment
Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Like with all our trips, be sure to bring along waterproof jackets and water resistant or waterproof pants for the unpredictable Icelandic weather. You must also have strong, waterproof hiking boots that preferably go above your ankle. They are needed to wear with the crampons on the glacier.
Waterproof jackets, pants and hiking boots can be hired in the booking process. These are free of charge
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 10 years old
- Waterproof clothing required (no denim on the glacier).
- Pickup from designated pick-up points at departure time (08:30am).
- Please keep luggage you bring along on two day tour to a minimum.
- We have to pick up from designated pickup point around Reykjavik. Restrictions imposed by the City of Reykjavik mean that we cannot pick up from certain hotels or AirBnB addresses, rather nearby designated bus pickup points. Please contact us to inform us of where you are staying and we will inform you of nearest pickup point.
- Pickup commences at 08:30am from designated bus pick up points
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- Not recommended for people with back problems
- Not recommended for people with heart conditions
- WHAT TO BRING
• Waterproof jacket and pants because even on warm days, it’s best to stay dry at all times. Denim jeans or cotton are NOT suitable to wear on the glacier. Denim gets wet and then cold very quickly, let's stay warm!
• You MUST have sturdy waterproof hiking boots for the glacier hike. No sneakers. If you do not have boots then you can hire from us but please get in contact to do so.
• Layers of clothing, we often get all 4 seasons in one day.
• We do make stops to allow you to stock up on some snacks and drinks along the way if you do not have any. Lunch is not included but we do stop at the Black Sand Beach Restaurant, so plenty of time to buy something to eat.
• Please minimise luggage you bring on this two day tour.
PICKUP & DROP-OFF
• Please inform us of where you are staying in Reykjavik. New restrictions within Reykjavik means buses have to pick up from designated points. We cannot pickup from AirBnB addresses. We will inform you of the nearest pick up point if you tell us where you are staying.
• Pick up time for the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon 2 Day tour is at 8:30 am from your chosen location. There may be other people being picked up from different locations in Reykjavik though, so if we are a little past 8:30 am then don’t worry, we’re on our way.
• Drop off time: It’s a long two days and for good reason, we squeeze in a lot. We aim to be back at your drop off point before 9 pm on Day 2, but many things can affect that time so please don’t worry if we are a little late returning. It’s either for safety reasons or to give you the best experience. We will stop for dinner on the way back to Reykjavik.
Again, If there is anything not covered here or in our FAQ’s online then get in contact with us. We love hearing from you before your trip. We look forward to meeting you and showing you around this amazing country. Let the excitement build as this is going to be an amazing two days that you will not forget!
- Pickups start at 08:30am. Please be at your designated pick up point at this time. We pick up from the designated tourist bus pick up points in downtown Reykjavik, and certain hotels where it is permissible to drive a mini bus and pick up from. If you are in downtown Reykjavik we will likely need to use one of these pick up points. If you cannot see your hotel in the list then please choose from one of the designated meeting points (bus stops) in central Reykjavik.