Trip Difficulty: 3/5, moderate.
Tour Highlights: Landmannalaugar, Laugavegur Trail, Þórsmörk (Thorsmork Valley), Hiking
We start in Landmannalaugar and make our way south through the Highlands. On the way we view fields of obsidian, red and yellow mountains, black sands and sparkling white glaciers. The Laugavegur trail ends in Thorsmörk, a green valley nestled at the foot of the famous glacier Eyjafjallajökull. On this 4 days trek you experience some of the best Icelandic nature has to offer glaciers, volcanoes, lava fields and geothermal colors and hot springs. The track is maintained and your guide will ensure you do not miss the best spots along the way, explain the scenery around you and geological history of Iceland.
If you want to see more information about the itinerary or accommodation please click here.
Arctic Adventures reserves the right to alter itineraries and/or timetables should it be necessary, due to adverse weather and or other related conditions.
What is included
- Guiding Service
- Accommodation in mountain huts
- Luggage transport from hut to hut
Meeting points and times:
7:00 a.m. - Tourist Information Center at Reykjavik's City Hall (Ráðhúsið) on Vonarstræti;
7:15 a.m. - Hallgrímskirkja Church;
7:30 a.m. - Reykjavik Campsite.
*Note that it can take up to 30 minutes before the bus departs the given locations.
- Hiking boots - good sturdy boots with sufficient ankle support, robust sole and waterproof
- Thermal underwear (long sleeve top and bottom) made of wool or synthetics (not cotton)
- Wool or fleece thermal mid layer
- Hiking pants (we don't recommend cottons as they take long to dry if wet)
- Hiking socks made of wool or synthetic (at least 2-3 pairs)
- Waterproof and breathable (fabric such as Gore Tex or similar) both pants and jacket (preferably with a hood)
- Gloves and mittens - wool or synthetic (waterproof over gloves/mitts recommended)
- Warm hat and/or balaclava
- HEALTH SUPPLIES AND PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE IF NEEDED
- Day backpack about 25-40 L
- Travel sack for your baggage that is transported between huts. (Suitcases are not recommended, we recommend a waterproof duffel bag)
- River crossing shoes -for example quick drying trail runners, sandals (with straps) or neoprene shoes
- Sleeping bag and travel pillow
- Tooth brush and personal toiletries
- 1-2 L Water bottle
- Hiking poles
- Pen knife
- Camera, batteries & memory card
- Headlamp for trips in late season (after August 10th)
- Power bank