ICE CAVE CLASSIC
We depart early from Reykjavík city and get the crisp morning view of the Langjökull Glacier, which is our destination. Langjökull is 953 sq/km, making it the second largest glacier in the country.
You soon discover that in Iceland everything is possible - before you know it you find yourself standing on top of a vast ice-cap, ready to descend into the glacier and explore its icy netherworld.To get to the Ice Cave we ride in a huge specially-modified truck. The Ice Tunnel and Cave are man-made and located high up in a remote area of the glacier in the very heart of Iceland. Your guide will explain to you how global warming has now started to impact on the glacial environment.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
What is included
In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Free tour pick up from your accommodation in Reykjavík
- 1 hour guided Ice Cave tour with necessary safety equipment
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Tour in a specially modified glacier vehicle on Langjökull Glacier.
- Admission to the thermal pools in Húsafell.
Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
Swimsuit and bathing towel if you chose to relax in the thermal pools at Húsafell.
- Langjökull Glacier is the second biggest glacier in Iceland after Vatnajökull Glacier. Langjökull is the home of the unique glacier cave and a paradise for snowmobile and super-jeep lovers. Langjökull (Icelandic for "long glacier") is the second largest ice cap in Iceland (953 km2), after Vatnajökull.
- Húsafell is a farm and church estate. It is the innermost farm in Borgarfjörður, not far from Reykholt. Húsafell is a hub of various type of tourist visiting, with a swimming pool, golf course, a multitude of lakes.
- Ice Cave of Langjökull is an ice tunnel and the caves are located high on Europe‘s second largest glacier, Langjökull. You will get an amazing opportunity to explore the glacier and see it from the inside.
- Hraunfossar waterfalls (optionable)
- Barnafoss waterfall (optionable)